Current affairs in hindi language (for convert the lenguage click the hindi button on the top left corner) | Lattest Question answers | affairs 2009- 2010| questions 2009 | questions and answers on current affairs | quiz questions |
1. Who becomes the first Indian to make a fifty while batting at No.9 against Australia?
Praveenkumar. He became the first batsman from India to post a fifty on Indian soil while batting at No.9 position
2. The Income Tax department recently conducted nationwide raids at 70 addresses linked to former Jharkhand Chief Minister who has possessing assets worth Rs 2000 crores. Name of that former Jharkhand CM who is now a MP?
3. Chief Minister V. S. Achuthanandan of Kerala laid foundation for States first Border Security Force (BSF) unit in which place?
Kainur village in Thrissur district.
4. A modern space science complex of international standards is to be set up by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in South India. Where is it?
Ponmudi hills in Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala
5. Who has been inducted as SP of the prestigious National Investigation Agency (NIA)?
6. Who won the Man of the Match award in the third One Day International Cricket between India and Australia held in Delhi?
Yuvraj Singh. India beat Aussies by 6 wickets
7. Who has claimed the top slot as the highest tax payer in the country for the current fiscal?
Lalit Modi, the Indian Premier League chief.
8. China's keystone space scientist, widely acclaimed as the country's "father of space technology" and "king of rocketry", died of illness recently at the age of 98?
He has also gone by the name of Qian Xuesen
9. The massive fire at which depot of Indian Oil Corporation destroys Rs 1000 crore, ruins several lives?
Jaipur's Indian Oil Corporation depot
10. Which documentaries have been recently nominated for the prestigious 5th CMS VATAVARAN, environment and wildlife film festival, held at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi?
‘My Purple Sunbird’ directed by Sunil Raj
‘Kaanam - Life Story of a Midland Hill’ by Babu Kambrath
11. Indian who was elected as member of the Italian Democratic Party National assembly?
12. Who is appointed as the chief justice of Himachal Pradesh?
Justice Kurian Joseph. He is the senior most judge of the Kerala High Court
13. Who has been appointed first Goodwill Ambassador of the ‘Smile Train,’ an international charity that provides free cleft lip and palate surgery to children in need?
Aishwarya Rai Bachan
14. The Supreme Court Collegium headed by Chief Justice of India KG Balakrishnan has dropped the name of Karnataka High Court Justice from the list of those recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court. Name of that justice?
Justice PD Dinakaran
15. Name of the typhoon, the fourth in a month, which has hit Manila in the Philippines bringing with it heavy rain, flooding and a tropical storm?
Typhoon Ketsana was the first to hit this region at the end of September. About 420 people died in that storm and tens of thousands of people are still living in shelters after their homes washed away. This was followed up by Typhoon Parma that killed over 430 people and destroyed 55,000 houses. Typhoon Lupit was the third typhoon to hit the area last week.
16. Who emerged as the winner of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon in the male category?
Deriba Merga of Ethiopia.
Marry Kitney succeeded in winning the title in women category. Around 30,000 people participated in the Airtel Delhi half Marathon 2009.
17. Name the Jammu Kashmir 'braveheart' who killed a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist has been appointed as the Special Police Officer (SPO) in the Jammu Kashmir police force recently.
Rukhsana, who hails from Kalsi village in upper Shahdhara area of Rajouri district, 180 km north of Jammu, had grappled with LeT terrorists who entered her home, grabbed an AK-47 from one and shot him dead. The terrorist killed was Abu Osama, LeT commander.
18. Kerala High Court Judge who resigned from his post on 2nd November 2009 citing personal reasons?
Justice V Giri.
He was the first permanent judge of Kerala High court who resigned from his post. Justice K P Dandapani is the only judge of the Kerala High Court to have resigned before him. But he was not permanent at that time.
19. Which public sector company has won "SCOPE AWARD" for Excellence and Outstanding contribution to Public Sector Management - Special Institutional (Turnaround) Category 2007-08?
Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd, Ranchi
20. Who won the Man of the Match award in the fourth One Day international Cricket match between India and Australia held in Mohali?
Shane Watson. He scored 49 runs and took 3 wickets.
Australia won the match by 24 runs.
21. American company which is a major lender to hundreds of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses, filed for bankruptcy recently, as the global financial crisis left it unable to fund itself and the recession clobbered its loans?
CIT Group Inc
Bankruptcy is also a blow for the U.S. government, which invested $2.33 billion in CIT in December through the Troubled Asset Relief Program and will likely lose most of it.
22. Who won the WTA championship-2009 held in Doha?
Serena Williams. She defeated her sister and defending champion Venus 6-2 7-6(4) in the WTA Championships final in Doha.
23. Who is the winner of Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2009 Race?
24. Who is the Chairman of the International Jury of 33rd International Film Festival held at Cairo?
25. Which Indian film won the Silver Award at the just concluded 33rd Cairo International Film Festival?
“Mudhal Mudhal Mudhal Varai” (Tamil Film) directed by Krishnan Seshadri Gomatam
26. The legendary French anthropologist and philosopher who passed away recently in his Paris home at the age of 100.
Claude Levi-Strauss. One of his more influential fields of study involved the observation of tribes in Brazil and North America.
27. Who has been conferred the Fellow Membership of the Kolkata-based National Institute of Personnel Management?
Dr George Sleeba, Chairman and Managing Director of FACT, Kerala
28. Who was re-elected president of the United Arab Emirates for a second five-year term?
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahayan
29. Who won the Man of the Series Award in the ODI Cricket Series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?
Abdur Razzak (Bangladesh). Bangladesh won the 5 match series 4-1
30. Which country’s central bank bought 200 metric tons of gold from the International Monetary Fund last month, in the first major move by a major central bank to diversify its foreign-exchange reserves?
Reserve Bank of India bought 200 metric tons of gold to manage its foreign-exchange reserves.
31. Which team was banned by BCCI from this year's Ranji Trophy cricket Season for skipping a match against Jammu and Kashmir in Srinagar citing security reasons?
The Services cricket team is a domestic cricket team in the Elite Group of the Ranji Trophy, the main domestic competition in India.
32. Which country made the fifth lowest total in one-day cricket by making only 44 runs to their account?
Bangladesh bowlers demolished Zimbabwe for 44 runs in the fourth ODI match, the fifth lowest total in one-dayers. Nazmul Hossain, who started the slide with his 2 wickets for 10 runs and took a brilliant catch, was adjudged the man of the match
33. Who has won the World Junior girls chess championship at Puerto Madryn in Argentina on November 3, 2009?
Soumya Swaminathan. She is from Pune, India.
34. Who won the Man of the Match award in the first ODI of the Cool & Cool Cup at Abu Dhabi between New Zealand and Pakistan?
Shahid Afridi. He won this award for his 70runs and 2 wickets for 46.Pakistan won the match by a whooping margin of 138 runs.
35. The tropical Storm which slammed Vietnam's central coast on November-2, 2009, unleashing heavy rains and winds and forcing more than 80,000 people to evacuate.
Mirinae. The death toll from Tropical Storm Mirinae in central Vietnam has risen to 109.
36. Which African country establishes satellite medical link with India recently?
Sierra Leone. Officially the Republic of Sierra Leone, is a country in West Africa has launched a satellite link-up known as telemedicine so that doctors in this country can seek advice from their colleagues in India.
37. A British-German scientist’s team recently has identified the old ancestor of the world’s most infamous predator, Tyrannosaurus rex which is a dinosaur. Name of that 165-million-year-old dinosaur lived during the middle Jurassic Period?
Proceratosaurus, the two-legged meat-eater would have measured about 3m long and weighed up to 60kg.
38. Which state won Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra Award-07 for the best contribution in tree planting activities and Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra Award-08 for increasing forest & tree cover in the State?
39. Twelve-year-old boy who made a World record in inter-school cricket by smacking a mammoth 439 in the prestigious Harris Shield tournament at the MB Union Cricket Club grounds, Cross Maidan?
Harris Shield is the tournament in which Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli piled up a world record 664 runs for the third wicket in February 1988, helping their school, Shardashram Vidyamandir, to score 748 for 2 in 122 overs against St Xavier's School at Azad Maidan.
40. Who won the Man of the Match award in the fifth ODI cricket match between India and Australia held on 5th November, 2009 at Uppal, Hyderabad?
Sachin Tendulkar. He scored 175 runs and that was his 45 th ODI century. Australia won the match by 3 runs.
41. Fugitive former Thailand Prime minister who was appointed as economic advisor to the Cambodian government, in a move that adds to tensions between the countries?
42. Name the U.S. Army psychiatrist who has killed 13 people and wounded 30 others in a bloody rampage at the Fort Hood military base in Texas?
Major Nidal Malik Hasan
43. Eminent public health expert of Kerala who passed away recently at the age of 71?
Dr. C.R. Soman
44. Renowned scientist and former Director of UGC who has been selected for the prestigious Kalinga Prize 2009.?
Professor Yash Pal. The award is given by UNESCO for popularisation of science.
45. Which country won gold medal in men’s kabbadi, in the third Asian Indoor Games in Vietnam?
46. Who is appointed as the new captain of Kolkatta Knight Rider’s Team for IPL-3?
Coach: David Whatmore
Wasim Akram selected as mentor for the Kolkata Knight Riders.
47. A never-seen-before Charlie Chaplin film was recently found in a nitrate film tin by a man who bought it on eBay for £3.20. Name of that previously unseen Charlie Chaplin movie which could be worth up to £40,000?
‘Charlie Chaplin in Zepped’
48. Which team claims the 2009 AFC Champions League title with a 2-1 victory over Al Ittihad at the National Stadium in Tokyo?
Pohang Steelers of South Korea. The title was Pohang's third continental triumph (following Asian Club Championship wins in 1997 and 1998) and means they become the most successful team in Asian football history.
49. Coach of triple Olympic and World Championship gold medalist Usain Bolt and president of the Racers Track Club, who has resigned after 22 years as head of the Jamaican national track and field team?
50. Who won the Man of the Match award in the second ODI between New Zealand and Pakistan held in Abudabi?
Brendan McCullum. He scored 131 runs (His second ODI century) and New Zealand beat Pakistan by 64 runs.
51. Name of the online reservation system of Kerala Road Transport Corporation inaugurated by Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan recently?
52. Who won the Man of the series award of recently concluded ODI series between India and Australia?
Shane Watson. Australia won the seven match series by 4-2. The last match abandoned due to rain.
Man of the Match of Sixth ODI: - Doug Bollinger. Australia won that match in Guwahati
53. Which country won the Asia Cup hockey championship-2009 for women held in Bangkok?
China inflicted a 5-3 defeat on India to regain the trophy. China had won the trophy last in 1989 at Hong Kong.
54. Which country won the Fed Cup women's tennis title with a comfortable 4-0 win over the United States in Reggio Calabria.?
55. India's National Academy of Letters, Sahitya Akademi, recently signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with a digital technology leader to institute the 'Tagore Literature Awards ' named after the legendary Shri Rabindranath Tagore. Name that electronics giant?
Samsung. The award will recognize the best of literary contributions by writers in 8 Indian languages – Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Telugu and Bodo
56. Who is re-elected unopposed as the president of Asian Athletic Association (AAA) in Guangzhou, China, to serve his third consecutive term at the office?
Suresh Kalmadi, Indian Olympic Association chief. He was elected for another four-year term (2009-13)
57. Who won the Charlottesville Challenger ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Challenger tournament?
Kevin Kim (U.S.A). He beat Somdev Devvarman in the final.
58. Who is the new Director of ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala?
59. Who won the Swiss Indoors Tennis title beating Roger Federer in the final?
Novak Djokovic. He beat Roger Federer in his own backyard to win the Swiss Indoors final 6-4 4-6 6-2 in Basle.
60. Which state won the South Zone inter-state badminton championship held in Andra Pradesh?
Guru Sai Dutt (Andra Pradesh) beat Ram C. Vijay (Kerala) in the boys’ final
Sikki Reddy, Girl’s Champion
61. Who was chosen for the C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award 2008-2009 by BCCI (Board of Control of Cricket in India)?
62. 124 people have been killed by floods and mudslides in El Salvador after the Central American nation was battered by a Hurricane. Name of that storm?
63. Who won the Man of the Match award in the first ODI between South Africa and Zimbabwe held at the Willowmoore Park, Benoni, South Africa, 8th of November 2009?
Tatenda Taibu. He remains unbeaten on 103 runs. South Africa won the match by 45 runs
64. On the first day of the new Maharashtra assembly, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) legislators roughed up a member of Samajwadi Party for taking the oath of office in Hindi. Name of that SP member?
Abu Asim Azmi. Maharashtra Legislative Assembly suspended four Maharashtra Navnirman Sena members for four years on charges of assaulting Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Asim Azmi. The suspended MLA’s are Shishir Shinde, Ram Kadam, Ramesh Wanzale and Vasant Gite
65. First Muslim lady who will serve as minister in the Maharashtra government?
66. Man of the Match of third ODI between Pakistan and New Zealand held in Abudabi on November 9, 2009?
Mohammad Aamer (Pakistan). He made 73 runs and took two wickets.
New Zealand won the match by 7 runs. They also won the 3-match series 2-1.
67. Who won India's first medal in the 18th Asian Athletics Championships held in Guangzhou?
Kavita Raut. She won a bronze in women's 500m race on the opening day of the 18th Asian Athletics Championship
68. Which bank has won the 'Great Mind Challenge' Award for implementing the most innovative solution for business?
Federal Bank. Federal Bank is the first bank in the country to receive this award and the award has been introduced by IBM for the first time in India for business development initiatives.
69. India’s first Aerospace SEZ (Special Economic Zone) launched in?
Belgaum, Karnataka. Aerospace and engineering major QuEST Global launched the country's first aerospace Special Economic Zone for development and manufacture of aerospace precision engineering products.
70. Which documentary has been selected for the Recycling Fond award at the 36th International Festival of Sustainable Development Films-ekotopfilm 2009?
‘Farming our Future’ Direction: Venu Nair
71. Who has been appointed Pakistan captain for the Test tour of New Zealand?
Vice Captain: Kamran Akmal
72. Who won India's first Gold medal in the 18th Asian Athletics Championships held in Guangzhou?
Om Prakash Singh. He won the men's shot put gold for India.
73. Goalkeeper of Germany who committed suicide by stepping in front of a train in Hanover?
74. The sniper whose murderous shooting spree in the fall of 2002 left at least 10 dead in Washington, was executed by lethal injection at a Virginia state prison?
John Allen Muhammad
75. Who is appointed as the head of United States Agency for International Development?
76. Who has been chosen for this year’s K.R. Narayanan Award?
N.Ram, Editor-in-Chief of Hindu.
He has won this award for his outstanding contribution to journalism in India. Instituted by the K.R. Narayanan Foundation in memory of the late President, the award is to honour individuals who have excelled in various fields.
77. Who has been selected for the K. R. Narayanan Pravasi Ratna award?
M. A. Yusuf Ali, UAE-based industrialist won this award for his contribution to the cause of NRIs.
K. R. Narayanan Kala Puraskaram award went to Malayalam film ‘Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja’
78. Most-wanted cocaine kingpin of Mexico who had been ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the most powerful people in the world.
Joaquin Guzman. He ranked 41 on Forbes' 'powerful' list.
79. A Michael Jackson portrait has sold for $812,000 (£507,500) at an auction in Los Angeles. The artist of that portrait is?
80. Sri Lanka's armed forces chief who has resigned from his post just months after helping secure the defeat of the Tamil Tiger rebels?
Gen Sarath Fonseka
81. Who has been selected for Ezhuthachan puraskaram-2009, highest literary honour of Kerala State?
Sugathakumari. She is a renowned poet and social activist. She has won this award for her valuable contribution to Malayalam poetry.
82. Who has been named captain of the Indian hockey team for the FIH Men's Champions Challenge tournament in Salta, Argentina?
Rajpal Singh. The tournament will take place from December 6 to 13.
83. The Video game collected $550 million in 5 days, which has beaten largest worldwide box-office opening, held by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," which tallied $394 million over its first five days?
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2"
84. Who was sworn as the first Punjabi-American (Sikh) mayor of Yuba City in U.S.A?
Kashmir Singh Gill
Yuba City is known as the first Punjabi village in U.S.A
85. Which country leads medals in the 18th Asian Athletics Championships held in Guangzhou, China in 2009?
China (47 Medals, 18 Gold, 19 Silver, 10 Bronze)
India occupies the sixth position(12 Medals, 1 gold, 4 Silver, 7 bronze).
47 Nations participated in the event.
86. The country which have reached the World Cup finals for the second time in their history with victory over Bahrain in their qualifying play-off?
87. Who is the Man of the series of the 20-20 series between Pakistan and New Zealand held in Dubai?
Shahid Afridi. Pakistan won the series 2-0.
88. Who has clinched the Australian Masters Golf Title held in Melbourne?
89. Which country chosen as host for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meetings held from February to November 2009?
90. The 2011 meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) will be held in?
91. National junior athletics championships from November 20 to 24 held in?
92. What is the highest score of India in a test cricket match on a single day?
443/1 in the second day of the third test match against Sri Lanka in Mumbai.
93. Which country won FIFA Under-17 World Cup?
Switzerland. They defeated hosts and defending champions Nigeria 1-0 in the final.
94. Who became the second Indian to complete 11,000 Test runs in the recent test match against Sri Lanka?
95. Who is appointed as the chief of Defence Staff of Sri Lanka?
96. Who is appointed as Australia's batting coach for the upcoming cricket season?
97. President of India, Pratibha Patil recently nominated five noted personalities to Rajya Sabha. Who are they?
1.HK Dua, Eminent journalist.
2.AK Ganguly, Former Chairman of Hindustan Lever Limited.These two will replace Film Actor Hema Malini and Journalist Chandan Mitra, whose term has come to an end.
3. Javed Akhtar, Lyricist and poet
4. Prof CNR Rao (Chairman of the scientific advisory council to the PM)
5. G Madhavan Nair, Former ISRO chairman.
98. Which Consumer electronics and durables major recently announced the inauguration of its split air-conditioner manufacturing line at its Sriperumbudur facility?
The AC manufacturing unit in India is the fifth in the world for Samsung.
99. According to the Open Doors 2009 report, which country has sent more than one lakh students to USA for the academic year 2008-09?
India retained its position as the top place of origin for international students in the US.
China remained in second place.
100. Which District panchayats of Kerala have won the ‘Nirmal Grama Puraskaram’ instituted by the Union government for their efforts in maintaining high level of public hygiene?
Alappuzha and Pathnamthitta
101. Who becomes first Sri Lankan player to score a century in India since 1997?
102. Ace straw picture craftsman from India who has been invited to take part in the five day Mode Heim Handwerk fair at Munich from November 25?
Kiran Rajendran. This is the first time that straw pictures from India will get the opportunity to be displayed in an international gallery.
103. The 11th International Meeting of the Communist and Workers Parties jointly hosted by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) and the Communist Party of India (CPI) took place in?
Communist leaders from around the world met there on November 20-22, 2009 to discuss how to 'intensify popular struggles'
104. One of Iraq's vice presidents who vetoed the country's new election law recently, throwing into fresh doubt the feasibility of holding crucial national balloting in January ?
Tariq Hashimi. Iraq has two vice Presidents: Adil Abd Al-Mahdi and Tariq Hashimi.
105. Sri Lankan player who scored a classy double century in the first test match against India in Ahmedabad?
Mahela Jayawardhene He scored 275 runs and it was his sixth double century.
He won the Man of the match Award of that match.
106. Who has been declared elected in the presidential elections of Afghanistan, which was held on 20th August, this year?
107. Who has been chosen for the prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize of 2009 for Peace, Disarmament and Development?
Sheikh Hasina, Bangladesh Prime Minister.
108. The 32 teams qualified for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Football:
South Africa (Host), Ghana, Ivory Coast, Japan, Australia, South Korea, North Korea, England, Netherlands, Spain, Serbia, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, United States, Mexico , Switzerland, Slovakia, Argentina, Honduras , New Zealand, Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria, Greece, Slovenia, Portugal, France, Uruguay.
109. Who won the first Maliyama Foundation Award?
Irom Sharmila The award will be given to her for her crusade against human rights violations and for repeal of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958.
110. The 1,500m champion of Beijing Olympics-2008, who has been stripped of his gold medal after a failed drugs test.
Rashid Ramzi. The Moroccan-born runner who competes internationally for Bahrain was the only gold medalist from Beijing caught using performance-enhancing drugs
111. Who is the richest man in India with USD 32 billion in net worth followed by steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and Anil Ambani, according to the Forbes annual rich list for the country?
Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Industries Chairman.
112. Which Indian film has bagged five awards at the South Asian International Film Festival held in New York?
'Manjaadikkuru'. The Malayalam film bagged five awards including the ones for Best Film, Best Direction, Best Script, Best Cinematography and Best Debutante Talent. The film is directed by Anjali Menon
113. Who has chosen as first full-time president of European Union?
Herman Van Rompuy, Belgian Prime Minister
114. The cricketer who has reached the milestone in his career by completing a phenomenal 30,000 runs in international cricket during the Test against Sri Lanka?
Sachin Tendulkar. He became the first batsman to complete 30,000 international runs when he scored his 35th run in the second innings against Sri Lanka. He slammed his 43rd Test century in that match.
115. Which country won women's team title in the 19th Asian Table Tennis Championships held in Lucknow?
China. The beat Singapore 3-1 in the final while host India finished seventh.
116. Who has been named as High Representative (Chief) for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of European Union?
Catherine Ashton, Britain
117. Which team won their second successive Russian Premier League title?
118. Two Pakistani men accused of providing logistical support for last year's deadly terror attacks in Mumbai, India, were arrested in Italy. Name of that terrorists?
Mohammad Yaqub Janjua and Aamer Yaqub Janjua
119. Which state of India won the national Junior Athletics Championship held at Warangal for the 13th consecutive time?
120. Constitution bench to consider the Mullaperiyar dam dispute between Tamil Nadu and Kerala has been formed recently. The bench consists of?
The five-judge bench would be presided by Justice DK Jain. Justice Mukundakam Sharma, RM Lodha, D Sudharshan Reddy and Deepak Varma would be the other members.
121. Who has been named as the Secretary of the International Monetary Fund by its Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn?
Siddharth Tiwari, Indian economist.
122. Which is the inaugural film of the 40th edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Panaji, Goa, on Nov 23, 2009?
“Wheat", Chinese historical drama was the inaugural film.
123. Who is the Man of the match of the second ODI between South Africa and England at Super Sport Park, Centurion on 22-11-2009?
Paul Collingwood. He scored unbeaten 105 after took two wickets and held a superb catch as England beat South Africa by 7-wickets.
124. Which state crowned champions in the 55th National School Games held in Amritsar?
Kerala. Kerala won 76 medals, including 28 gold, 28 silver and 19 bronze.
Hosts Punjab came second in the medal tally with 24 gold medals and 10 bronze.
125. A long-running inquiry commissioned by the Indian government to investigate the destruction of the disputed structure Babri Masjid in Ayodhya in 1992. In November 2009, a day after a newspaper published the allegedly leaked contents of the report, the report was tabled in the Indian parliament by the Home Minister, P. Chidambaram. Name of that commission?
126. Who has been crowned Miss Earth 2009 which was held on November 22 at the Boracay beach resort in Aklan province, central Philippines?
Larissa Ramos, Nineteen-year-old Brazilian beauty.
127. Who is the Brand Ambassador of Kerala Hockey?
Suresh Gopi, Malyalam Superstar.
128. Which athletes were crowned as the Male and Female World Athletes of the Year 2009 by International Athletic Foundation (IAF)?
Usain Bolt, Jamaica
Sanya Richard, USA
129. India’s nuclear-capable intermediate range and surface-to-surface missile which was test—fired for the first time on 23rd of Novmber-2009?
130. Who won the Artist of the Year Award at the 37th American Music Awards (AMAs) beating out Michael Jackson?
Taylor Swift. She won five awards while Jackson got 4 awards.
131. Who was the oldest person to ever climb Mt Everest?
Min Bahadur Sherchan, 78 years old became the oldest person to conquer the world's highest peak
132. China executed two people recently for their roles in a tainted milk powder scandal in which at least six children died and more than 300,000 became sick. Who are they?
Zhang Yujun and Geng Jinping.
Zhang Yujun was executed for endangering public safety and Geng Jinping was executed for producing and selling toxic food
133. Who has taken over as General Manager, Southern Railway on 21st November 2009?
Shri Deepak Krishan
134. Secretary Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs who is appointed as Secretary of Ministry of Shipping?
135. SEBI (Stock Exchange Board of India )has served an amended notice to a major Indian company asking why it shouldn't be barred from accessing the stock markets under the rules on fraudulent and unfair trade practices and the gains it made of Rs.513 crore not be disgorged. Which is that company?
Reliance Industries (RIL). SEBI has issued an amended notice to Mukesh Ambani-led RIL on insider trading.
136. Who became the first woman president to fly in a fighter jet, the Sukhoi-30MKI of the Indian Air Force?
Pratibha Patil, Indian President
137. Prosecutors in the genocide trial of a former Khmer Rouge prison chief demanded a 40-year jail sentence recently for a man they described as responsible for snuffing out innocent lives and spreading terror across Cambodia. Name of that Jail Chief?
Kaing Guek Eav. He is also known as Duch (pronounced DOIK) oversaw the torture and execution of about 16,000 men, women and children during the Khmer Rouge's 1975-79 rule. Some 1.7 million Cambodians died of torture, execution, disease and starvation under the Khmer Rouge.
The Khmer Rouge was the name given to the followers of the Communist Party of Kampuchea, the totalitarian ruling party in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979, led by Pol Pot, Ieng Sary, Son Sen and Khieu Samphan.
138. Iran's best-selling newspaper, which has been banned for publishing a picture of a temple belonging to the outlawed Bahai sect.?
139. Who became the fourth highest run getter in Test cricket, surpassing former Australian captain, Allan Border?
Rahul Dravid. Border took 156 Tests to reach 11,174 Test runs at an average of 50.56. Dravid reached 11182 runs in 136 Tests at an average of 53.50,
Tendulkar - 161 matches - 12917 runs - average of 54.76
Lara -131 matches - 11953 runs - average of 52.88
Ponting - 136 matches - 11345 runs - average of 55.88
140. Who has been appointed as chairman of Atomic Energy Commission of India?
Srikumar Banerjee. He is a leading expert in Materials and Technology in the country and director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
141. The son of a Philippines clan boss who was charged with murder recently after the massacre of at least 57 people in last week of November-2009?
Andal Ampatuan Jr, a local mayor in Maguindanao province.
142. The United States of America has reached an agreement to station an American antimissile defense system on a country in Central Europe recently. Which is that country?
United States and Poland have agreed terms for stationing US troops in Poland so that the deployment of US Patriot missiles can start next year.
143. The search engine which apologized recently for results of image search of 'Michelle Obama’, first lady of U.S.?
In November, when someone typed "Michelle Obama" in the popular search engine Google, one of the first images that came up was a picture of the American first lady altered to resemble a monkey.
144. Pakistan player who hits century on debut in the first test match against New Zealand in Dunedin?
Umar Akmal, a blistering 129 (160b, 21x4, 2x6) on debut. He won the Man of the Match award, but Pakistan lost that match by 32 runs.
145. The French Parliament has unanimously adopted the civil nuclear agreement with an Asian Country. Which is that country?
146. Which car has been ranked No. 1 in the mid-size entry segment (228 PP/100), according to the 2009 J.D. Power Asia Pacific India Vehicle Dependability Study released recently?
147. Who was awarded the man of the match in the second test match between India and Sri Lanka played at Kanpur?
Sreesanth. He was declared Man of the Match for his 6 wicket haul.
India beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 144 runs in that match and it was India's 100th test win in all, their first being way back in 1952 against England.
148. Former Indian Volleyball team captain who has been selected for the 21st Jimmy George Foundation award, 2009, for his contributions to sports?
149. Iranian authorities have confiscated the Nobel Peace Prize medal awarded to Iranian lawyer-activist in 2003 for her work as a lawyer and human rights activist. Name of that Nobel laureate?
150. The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), leaders from 51 Commonwealth countries began a three-day summit started on November 27, 2009, held in?
Port of Spain
151. Which country n launched its fifth spy satellite on 28th November 2009 in a bid to boost its ability to independently gather intelligence?
152. Which company has been awarded the 2009 CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) National Award for Energy Efficient Unit?
Piramal Healthcare's Digwal, India, manufacturing division.
153. Who was awarded the man of the match in the first test match between Australia and West Indies played at Brisbane?
Ben Hilfenhaus. This Australian bowler took 3 wickets in the first innings and claimed two in the second innings. Australia beat West Indies by an innings and 65 runs.
154. Who becomes the youngest West Indian to score a Test century on debut?
Adrian Barath At just 19 years and 228 days, Barath became the seventh youngest batsman in Test history to post a century on debut. He had scored 104 of West Indies' total of 154 in the second innings.
155. Who was adjudged Man of the Match in the third ODI between South Africa and England played at Cape Town on November 27, 2009?
AB de Villiers (South Africa). He scored 121 off 85 balls and South Africa won the match by 112 runs.
156. Which Indian city will be the venue of the 97th Indian Science Congress?
96th Indian Science Congress held at NEHU in Shillong, Meghalaya.
157. In November 2009, more than 50 employees of a nuclear plant of India were affected due to high radiation levels. A water cooler for supplying water for the employees was contaminated with tritiated water. Where is that nuclear plant?
Kaiga nuclear power station situated at Kaiga in Uttar Kannada district in Karnataka, India.
158. The African nation which has been admitted into the Commonwealth of Nations, becoming the 54th member of the organization of mostly former British colonies?
159. Who was adjudged Man of the Match in the fourth ODI between South Africa and England played at Port Elizabeth on November 29, 2009?
James Anderson (England). He took five wickets and England won the match by 7 wickets.
160. Which country decided to sign civil nuclear deal with India recently?
Canada. India and Canada have agreed on a civil nuclear deal that will enable New Delhi to access Canadian nuclear technology and uranium after a gap of 34 years. The deal is likely to be signed when Manmohan Singh goes to Canada to attend the G20 summit in June, 2010.
161. Chief of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) who was sent to jail for 14 days after his arrest in Andhra Pradesh's Karimnagar district before he could begin his "fast unto death" for a separate Telangana state?
K Chandrasekhara Rao.
162. Whop will be the new partner of Mahesh Bhupathi in doubles for the next tennis season?
Max Mirnyi of Belarus. Bhupathi and Mirnyi had enjoyed a successful partnership in the past when the two won the 2002 US Open and also reached the Wimbledon final in 2003. Mark Knowles was his earlier partner which ended in the semifinals of the ATP World Tour Finals.
Disclaimer: The author claims full ownership of all articles herein but doesn't claim ownership of all photos posted on this site. If the respective copyright owners wish for their photos to be taken down, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment and these will be taken down immediately.